Here are some of the most asked question pertaining to Gruvy2ns.
1. How much does it cost to hire you for an event?
Well, it depends on location and how long the event is. Since we are local to Sacramento, anything in and around Sac will be much more reasonable in price. There is a two hour minimum charge of $250 ($300/3hrs. and $350/4hrs.) and then the price is dependant on time and distance. One thing is for certain, Gruvy2ns is a lot more inexpensive than most DJ's or larger bands. So call and get a quote.
2. Will you do special music for an event?
Absolutely we do special music for events. There are some ground rules for special music however.
- First, we need time to do arrangements, so asking for a bunch of songs the day before the event is not possible unless we're just going to DJ the original recordings (which we do fairly frequently for clients).
- Second, if there are more than 3 or 4 songs being requested, we may reserve the right to charge extra for this special request depending on the complexity of the songs.
- Third, We will do arrangements of original music, as long as good taste is used - usually more than one original song will require some negotiation of price and all arrangements are the intellectual property of Gruvy2ns.
- Lastly, we try and make our performances as family friendly as possible so cursing, explicit sexual language and racially incensitive language won't fly with us.
3. Do you do all of your own arrangements?
Ninety to ninety-five percent of the music Gruvy2ns does are arrangements done by the band. The other small percent of the music is stuff found on the internet or arranged by friends of the band, but it is still reworked to fit Gruvy2ns. Of course we do all of our own backing vocals that are heard in our live show.
4. How many songs do you have in your repertoire?
We carry over 400 songs of a wide variety of generas that are fully arranged. Most bands carry from 30 to 70 songs, usually of one particular style. So as you can imagine Gruvy2ns is one very versatile band.
5. Do you do fund raisers or charity events?
Yes we do for a nominal fee. Because we have so much invested into our electronic equipment, it's impossible to do freebies, but our cost is nominal and won't break the bank and more than likely we may be able to negotiate those financial arrangements.
6. How long does it take you to set up and break down?
Well, it really depends on the size of the sound system requirements. In situations where we have to be very small and compact and not very loud, we will use electronic drums and a small PA which means we can set up and break down in about 25 minutes or less. When we have large requirements where we are playing more instruments and have more sound equipment involved then it can take as much as an hour to get everything wired up.